Welcome to my blog!

Hi, I'm Edelyn. Together with my husband and three children we live in Seattle WA. I'm an eclectic Gemini that believes normal is boring. I'm blogging because I want to share the fun and frugal things I do, to inspire people. There's many out there who's like me that's shy to express themselves and/or don't know how to get started with ideas. My goal is to encourage people, not necessarily to write but to share through images and videos. Follow me on my journey sharing everything I love!

Monday, March 20, 2017

DIY 3D Costume

"My DIY version of Katy Perry's 

California Girls candy dress"





I LOVE to dress up! If there's an opportunity for me to dress up in theme, I will. A while back, BadWill Market threw an artist/album cover costume party. I was thrilled because I was itching to make something again. I wasn't sure which artist to be, so I thought to myself  "What don't I have and what can I use?". I have wigs and different accessories but still couldn't figure it out. I turned to the internet and of course I remembered Katy Perry. She's fun and super kawaii, that would be perfect for me. I thought her California Girls candy dress would be fun to make. 


I didn't want to spend much on a costume that I would probably only wear once. So I started at the thrift store and I found my base, a slip.   




I went to Michaels (craft store) and Daiso (Japanese dollar store) to get all my supplies.




First, I made the headband. 








Then I made the ice cream cone.

















Next, the giant cupcake. 








Now the details on the dress. I started with the candy cane.




After, I sewed on colorful fabric to make the skirt, I added gems, candy and an apple patch to the back.





The details on the front.




On the other side. I made jumbo candies.




Here's the final look. I already had the wig, leggings and heels so the costume only cost me $20. 


Thanks for checking out my blog post. I hope I inspired you to try something new. This was fun to make even though I got a little stressed out by making it the night before, but it all worked out. I wonder what I'll make next... Please subscribe to my blog so you can see what I'll do. 


Can you guess who we all are? 😊


No comments: