Monday, August 14, 2017

First DIY Themed Party

"Florenzo's 2nd Birthday"

 2009




We've had parties every year since I was pregnant with our first child. When we did our baby shower there wasn't really a theme to it besides using pink and basic party store "It's a girl!" supplies. It wasn't until our second child that I started getting hip to themed parties, thanks to google. 

Florenzo was really into the T.V. show Yo Gabba Gabba. We decided to go with that theme for his second birthday. Since it was a newer show there wasn't anything in stores to buy so we had to make our own decorations. 

Balloons are always the easiest party decoration to use. With some of them we glued the character faces that my husband hand drew. Along the grass I had characters that I printed and put on skewers. 






For party favors, I found all of them on google and just printed them out. There was a boombox favor box that we folded, fortune tellers, masks, coloring books and dollar store horns that we glued the characters on.








The buffet area.




My attempt at decorated cupcakes. 😏






Luckily I found these good quality pictures on google that we printed at Kinko's.




My husband drew this sign for me and I added the characters to spruce it up.




Living room decor.






My husband made the pinata.











We ordered a basic cake design and added Florenzo's character toy set.










Thanks for checking out my blog post. This was the beginning of my DIY adventure. I've grown so much in these 8 years. Haha... I wonder if the show is still around. Have you ever seen it? We loved it!


Let me know you dropped by, leave a message. 😃