Welcome to my blog!

Hi, I'm Edelyn. Together with my husband and three children we live in Seattle WA. I'm an eclectic Gemini that believes normal is boring. I'm blogging because I want to share the fun and frugal things I do, to inspire people. There's many out there who's like me that's shy to express themselves and/or don't know how to get started with ideas. My goal is to encourage people, not necessarily to write but to share through images and videos. Follow me on my journey sharing everything I love!

Friday, February 19, 2016

Colored Hair DIY Touch Up

"It's that time again..."




I love my hair! I think it's the best accessory not just for me but for everyone. I can always color it back to a natural color or get it cut but for now I'm going to enjoy the vibrant colors.

Many people wonder how I keep up my hair. It gets pricey, so I normally do it myself, but from time to time I like getting pampered and get it done professionally. With my hair being short, it's still pretty thick and naturally wavy/frizzy. I typically have to use more dye and use lots of conditioner. I try to do my hair every other month, I brighten up the faded color with colored dye or overall bleach then color. I save more than 75% on costs compared to salon prices.  I've had lots of practice because I've been dying my hair since I was 12... LOL. I never went to school for it, I've just learned with experimenting and researching online.    

In this 3 minute video, I'll be showing you the process I did when I recently touched up the faded color to a vivid color. 

This is my in between time before my roots grow in. I had to use 2 tubes of the Ion Semi Permanent Aqua color which I got for $5 each. (found at Sally's or on Amazon) It's a thick cream that does not damage my hair and it doesn't stain too bad. 
You can clean up any spills or drops with a good household cleaner. After washing it out, I like to use a white towel because I'm able to bleach it in the washing machine, then it comes out looking clean without any stains. The color will fade slowly as long as I wash my hair twice a week with a sulfate-free shampoo. 


 

Thanks for watching my first hair tutorial!


~Don't forget to leave a message to let me know you stopped by
and follow my blog to see what I'll post next~