Monday, March 5, 2018

Our DIY Baby Shower

"Showering baby #3 with love"



These days it seems common to throw your own party. 
And that's what we did, but we got some help from friends with
assistance in decorating and food.

My husband and kids stepped up to help me plan the baby shower. Since the party was 
going to be in fall we decided on something related to the season. A woodland theme was perfect! 
I wanted more of a natural look than the woodsy animals don't get me wrong they are 
adorable, I just wanted to focus more on nature. I collected sticks and pine cones from my neighborhood and bought wood pieces from a person de-cluttering his yard. So I didn't spend much on those and picked pieces I needed. It beats spending a lot on just one wood slab from the store.

  To keep costs low we made the party decor and most of the treats our selves. 
We did spend more on food but that was a way of thanking our guests.            





This was our welcome table. We used a childrens book for guests to sign and write special messages for our baby. And for sh*** and giggles (literally speaking) we had diapers out for guests to write fun messages for us, for the wee hours of the night.    








For our cake table, my husband made the wood stands and I baked the cake and cupcakes. The cake was a regular white cake with cream cheese frosting, from a recipe that I found on Pintrest. I bought the balls and moss rocks from the dollar store, the animals and moss sheet roll from Joanns (place mat and cover for vase),  cookies from Costco, brownies and rose bouquet from Safeway, sticks and fern from my yard.








I couldn't decide on one look for the cupcakes, so, I made two! The cupcakes are plain, same as the cake. The ones above are topped with my cream cheese frosting and little forest candies that I purchased from Hobby Lobby.  The cupcakes below are owls, I used chocolate frosting, Oreos for the eyes and M&M's for the eyes and nose.






The s'more bar was a hit! We had different kinds of chocolate bars that they could use. We put sternos in glass bowls filed with pebbles.






For the centerpieces I found sticks around my yard and neighborhood. I added feathers and dressed up the mason jar with a ribbon.




I jazzed up the feathers by putting blue and gold glitter on them.




I found these images on google and just printed them out. And purchased the frames from the dollar store.




One of the games we played was the baby bottle drinking game. I bought small bottles from the dollar store and filled them with apple juice. Who ever finished first won.




The second game we played was pin the poop on the diaper. My husband drew out the diaper and poop. Enjoy the video!





The last game we played was how many cotton balls in the baby bottle. We bought the baby bottle piggy bank from Party City.




My husband claims not to be an artist but he drew up these amazing birch trees for me and glued them on butcher paper. We used it for a photo booth but it's also nice just for decorations.




Thank you for checking out this post. I hope I inspired you with ideas for your next party. What theme did you do for your baby shower?


No comments: